Ambiance de Danse
Cover ( > > > Scroll For More > > > )
Photograph ( < < < Scroll For More < < < )
J’ouvre les yeux sur un miroir.
I open my eyes to a mirror.
Welcome to our world of nuclear dance: industrial light, seraphic dark.
After two years of atomic exploration, Amyt Datta has crafted a sound that spikes the design of electronic music with the risk of improvisation and blesses it with Indian folklore. Jivraj Singh provides real-time manipulation, dusty textures and unlikely beat poetry. The duo lives at the edge of conventional musical constructs, finding common consolation in celebrating the fringe.
The physical release (available soon), which we built with production designer Opashona Ghosh, is a street-like explosion of materials.
• Metal box with screen printed logotype grid
• Spiral-bound booklet
• Cover artwork card
• Fold-out album infographic on tracing paper in pocket with inner screen print
• X-ray (unique to each box)
• Coloured graph papers with varying grids to use as you like
• Digital download coupon
• Vinyl peel-off artwork sticker
• Carpenter pencil (unsharpened)
• Elastic band for structural integrity
This is demanding, frenetic, splintered, oddly beautiful music, like the country it comes from.
If you try to pin it down and put it in a box, it will fight you.
Gratitude / Erik Breuer, Edson Miller, Gyan & Jay Singh
2013 / Written & Produced by Amyt Datta