Ambiance de Danse
Cover ( > > > Scroll For More > > > )
Photograph ( < < < Scroll For More < < < )
J’ouvre les yeux sur un miroir.
I open my eyes to a mirror.
Welcome to our world of nuclear dance.
After two years of atomic exploration, Amyt Datta has crafted a sound that spikes the exploratory craft of improvisation with the grit of industrial music, blessing it all with folklore. Jivraj Singh provides real-time manipulation, dusty textures and unlikely beat poetry; framing the sound with the discipline of electronics. The duo lives at the edge of conventional musical constructs, finding common consolation in celebrating the fringe.
The physical release, which we built with production designer Opashona Ghosh, is a street-like explosion of materials.
• Metal box with screen printed logotype grid
• Spiral-bound booklet
• Cover artwork card
• Fold-out album infographic on tracing paper in pocket with inner screen print
• X-ray (unique to each box)
• Coloured graph papers with varying grids to use as you like
• Digital download coupon
• Vinyl peel-off artwork sticker
• Carpenter pencil (unsharpened)
• Elastic band for structural integrity
This is demanding, frenetic, splintered, oddly beautiful music, like the country it comes from.
If you try to pin it down and put it in a box, it will fight you.
Gratitude / Erik Breuer, Edson Miller, Gyan & Jay Singh
2013 / Written & Produced by Amyt Datta